Nursing and Care Giving Careers
Resident Care Associate
The Resident Care Associate (RCA) provides personal care, companion care, nursing assistance and other assigned tasks to residents living in Eskaton communities. The Resident Care Associate duties include direct resident care, assisting in daily living activities, grocery or personal shopping, errands and other domestic tasks as well as documentation of care provided. Duties and assignments may be adjusted at the discretion of the Resident Care Coordinator, Memory Care Coordinator, or Wellness Nurse based on an evaluation of resident needs.
Position responsibilities include (for a complete list, click on the “APPLY NOW” button below):
- Provides companion care which can include reading, visiting, answering personal correspondence, assisting with bill paying or other tasks as listed on resident’s plan of care.
- Provides or assists in bathing or showering for thorough cleanliness and hygiene of resident.
- Makes beds, straightens rooms, and keeps resident care area in an organized manner.
- Assists residents in dressing when needed and demonstrates concern for individual privacy while providing resident care.
- Can be responsible for preparing light meals at the direction of the resident when noted on resident’s plan of care.
- Assists residents to schedule medical appointments or other vital services as indicated by the resident’s plan of care. May accompany resident to appointments at the direction of the Resident Care Coordinator, Memory Care Coordinator, Wellness Nurse, or Executive Director.
- Promotes appropriate levels of independence in resident care and demonstrates awareness of safety for both resident and self in providing care.
- Assists resident with simple range of motion or other exercises as directed by nurse or therapist and ambulates resident according to his/her endurance levels. When directed by the plan of care, assists resident to site fitness program or individual planned events.
Our benefits include the following:
Employee Wellness Programs
- Discounted gym membership
- Annual health assessments
- Many wellness campaigns and challenges
- Company sponsored local events
- No cost flu shots
- Smoking cessation program
- Smoke free campuses
- Online doctor visits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free counseling, legal consultations and referrals
- 100% company funded / minimum account balance $4,000.
(Minimum eligibility requirements apply)
- Eligibility includes dental and vision after just 60 days.
Company Paid Life Insurance
- $10,000 + Additional $10,000 AD&D coverage.
Paid Time Off Programs
- Flexible Paid Time Off Plan (includes 9 holidays)
- Short Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
Voluntary Benefits Available
- Additional Life Insurance for employee spouse and children
- Long Term Disability – wage protection
- Aflac plans available
Employee Referral Program
Do you know someone who might be a perfect fit for Eskaton? Refer a friend and collect some extra cash for a successful hire! There is no limit to the number of referrals you can make. Eskaton Recruitment Sign-on Bonus and Employee Referral Bonus
Ask us about our $1,500 SIGN-ON BONUS for full-time and part-time positions!
(Some restrictions may apply.)
With over 2,000 employees and 36+ properties in Northern California, Eskaton is a great company to build your career with while uplifting and supporting the lives of older adults and their families.
Eskaton is a nonprofit senior services provider that has served Northern California’s older adults for over 50 years. Through innovative approaches to health, housing and social services, Eskaton is Transforming the Aging Experience by offering life-enriching experiences and creating a culture of purposeful living. Certified as “A Great Place to Work” by Fortune Magazine and selected by the Sacramento Business Journal as one of the “Best Places to Work,” Eskaton genuinely cares about the financial security, health and well-being of their staff members. In addition to competitive pay and comprehensive benefits that include a company-funded retirement program, Eskaton employees appreciate knowing their work makes a real difference in the community and in the lives they touch.Hear why joining the Eskaton family provides a sense of purpose.
Eskaton’s mission is to enhance the quality of life of older adults through innovative health, housing and social services. Our employees are an integral part of achieving this mission, as they fulfill an important role at Eskaton by bringing their own unique gifts to make that mission stronger.
Eskaton’s vision is to Transform the Aging Experience. Due to social and cultural influences, many have come to view the aging process as something negative or something to be feared. In contrast, Eskaton and our employees see aging as a wonderful gift that should be embraced, as it is filled with opportunities for growth, new relationships and inspired wellness. We are committed to changing the narrative around aging and approaching older adults with respect, admiration and positivity.
Eskaton is dedicated to ensuring our culture mirrors our core values: inclusive, innovative, ethical, transparent and purpose-driven. We help our residents live as independently as possible by empowering them with the support they require to live their optimal life.
As a nonprofit organization, Eskaton’s key stakeholders have always been, and will remain, our residents and team members. As such, we invest in programs and practices that benefit them directly and demonstrate how highly their quality of life is valued. We are dedicated to enhancing the well-being of older adults through the development of life enrichment programs and the integration of innovative technology. Ensuring that we have available wellness programs and additional support for our staff is equally important.