How can I prevent a fall?
Falls are not a normal part of the aging process but physical changes, health conditions, medication or the environment can increase your likelihood of a fall. Fortunately, there are many things you can do today to help prevent a fall tomorrow.
- Make an appointment with your doctor to review your medication and to identify any health conditions that may increase your risk of falling.
- Stay active and keep moving. Physical activity helps to reduce your risk of falling by improving your strength, balance, coordination and flexibility.
- Schedule your FREE In-Home assessment with our certified care managers for expert advice on how to adapt the environment to reduce your fall risk.
- Always wear shoes that are properly fitted and sturdy with nonskid soles.
- Check out our fall prevention guide/checklist for more information!